Quai de Seine
Hand-engraved linocut in black and blue ink
● Paper size: 15.5" x 20" / 39 cm x 50 cm
● Image size: 11.7" x 16.5" / 29.7 x 42 cm
● Paper: natural white Hahnemühle 300 g
● Edition of 20 prints, signed and numbered, hand-printed on a press
● Part of my Reflecting Series
Quai de Seine captures an amorous young couple deep in conversation on a cobblestone path on the Parisian Left Bank. Flat-bottomed houseboat barges, the traditional French "péniches", can be seen on the opposite dock, in addition to another couple enjoying a stroll beneath the linden trees.
To make my art prints, my original sketch is transfered onto a lino block which I cut out with special gouges. I hand-pull each print one at a time on a press, making each work a unique and original piece of art. Slight differences in each print are inherent in the process.
The print is sold unmounted and unframed but is fits in a standard 40 cm x 50 cm frame.
Ships from France in a heavy-duty cardboard art tube using a tracked postal service.
Copyright remains with the artist.