Au Vieux Paris
● Paper size: 15.5" x 20" / 39 cm x 50 cm
● Image size: 11.7" x 16.5" / 29.7 x 42 cm
● Paper: off white Hahnemühle 300g
● Ink: black, Charbonnel noir vignette luxe
● Edition of 10 prints, signed and numbered, hand-printed on a press and hand-painted in oils.
This linocut was created from my original sketch inspired by the façade of Au Vieux Paris, a café near Notre-Dame Cathedral on Île de la Cité. It was constructed in 1512 to house the church "Chanoine" or cleric. It was sold in 1723 to become a wine bar, whose entrance is registered as one of France's historic monuments.
To make my art prints, my original sketch is transfered onto a block of lino which I cut out with special gouges. I hand pull each print on a press, giving it a slightly embossed texture. As each linocut is hand-printed one at a time, slight differences are inherent in the process.
This hand-painted edition is limited to 10 prints. After pulling the plate on my press, I hand paint each print in oils, making each one a unique and original piece of art.
The print is sold unmounted and unframed but is shown here in a standard 40 cm x 50 cm frame.
Ships from France in a heavy-duty cardboard art tube using a tracked postal service.
Copyright remains with the artist.