Hand-engraved black linocut
● Paper size: 15.5" x 20" / 39 cm x 50 cm
● Image size: 11.7" x 16.5" / 29.7 x 42 cm
● Paper: off white Hahnemühle 230g
● Ink: black, Charbonnel noir vignette luxe
● Edition of 20 prints, signed and numbered, hand-printed on a press
● Part of my Paris Café series
This linocut is made from my original sketch inspired by a café-bookstore in the trendy Marais District of Paris. It's a cosy little café with tables set among the stacks, perfect for a brunch with friends or a warm coffee sipped while leafing through a good book.
I create my art prints by transferring my original drawing onto a block of lino which I then cut out with special gouges. I hand pull each print on a press, giving it a slightly embossed texture.
Each linocut, printed one at a time, is a unique and original piece of art. Slight differences in each print are inherent in the process.
The print is sold unmounted and unframed but is shown here in a standard 40 cm x 50 cm frame.
Ships from France in a heavy-duty cardboard art tube using a tracked postal service
Copyright remains with the artist.