Le Pure Café
Hand-engraved black linocut
● Paper size: 20" x 20" / 50 cm x 50 cm
● Image size: 16.5" x 16.5" / 42 x 42 cm
● Paper: textured off white Etival 250g
● Ink: Charbonnel black
● Edition of 20 prints, signed and numbered, hand-printed on a press
● Part of my Paris Café series
This linocut celebrates the Pure Café, the "quintessential Parisian bistro" on a trendy corner of the 11th Arrondissement. The charming signs on the façade are like a delightful hors-d'oeuvre, inviting one into the cozy interior of a typical Parisian café of La Belle Epoque.
To make my art prints, my original sketch is transfered onto a block of lino which I cut out with special gouges. I hand pull my art prints on a press, one at a time.
Each linocut is a unique and original piece of art. Slight differences in each print are inherent in the process.
The print is sold unmounted and unframed but fits in a standard 50 cm x 50 cm frame.
Ships from France in a heavy-duty cardboard art tube using a tracked postal service.