Au Café Verlet
Hand-engraved black linocut
● Paper size: 7" x 9.5" / 18 cm x 24 cm
● Image size: 6.7" x 9" / 17 x 23 cm
● Paper: textured off white
● Ink: Charbonnel black
● Edition of 50 prints, signed and numbered, hand-printed on a press
● Part of my Paris Café series
This linocut is set in Café Verlet which opened in 1880 as a coffee and tea and spice shop on rue Saint-Honoré in the first arrondissement of Paris.
To make my art prints, I transfer my original sketch onto a block of lino which I cut out with special gouges. I hand pull my art prints on a press, one at a time.
Each linocut is a unique and original piece of art. Slight differences in each print are inherent in the process.
The print is sold unmounted and unframed but fits in a standard 18 cm x 24 cm frame.